Single Trip "SKI" Travel Insurance
Our Single Trip "SKI" insurance product is designed to cover all persons up to the age of 75 years.
Trip duration is up to 31 days.
If you intend to take part in any high risk winter sports or other activities, please contact us for a separate quotation.
1. United Kingdom
England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, including all islands comprising the British Isles (except the Channel Islands and the Republic of Ireland).
Continental Europe west of the Ural mountain range, all countries bordering the Mediterranean Sea (except, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya & Syria), the Channel Islands and the Republic of Ireland, Iceland, Madeira, The Canaries and The Azores.
(Persons residing in the Channel Islands need to pay Area 2 rates for UK trips).
All countries outside of the above (except those within Area 4).
4. North America, Central America & The Caribbean
Bahamas, Belize, Bermuda, Canada, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Greenland, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, The Caribbean Islands, United States of America.
CANCELLATION OR CURTAILMENT up to £1,500
If you have to cancel or cut short your trip due to illness, injury, redundancy, jury service, the police requiring you to remain at or return to your home due to serious damage to your home, you are covered against loss of travel and accommodation costs.
Policy Excess £50.
For persons aged 61 to 75 years the excess is increased to £100.
See section headed Increased Excess for Pre Existing Medical Conditions for increased excesses applicable to claims arising from pre existing medical conditions.
PERSONAL ACCIDENT up to £15,000
A cash sum for accidental injury resulting in death, loss of sight, loss of limb or permanent total disablement. No Policy Excess.
MEDICAL & OTHER EXPENSES up to £10,000,000
Including a 24 HOUR WORLDWIDE MEDICAL EMERGENCY SERVICE
(a) The cost of hospital and other emergency medical expenses incurred abroad, including additional accommodation and repatriation expenses.
Limit £250 for emergency dental treatment and £5,000 burial/cremation/transfer of remains. Limit £2,500 for transfer of remains to your home if you die in the UK.
Policy Excess £75 Areas 1, 2 & 3, £150 Area 4.
For persons aged 61 to 75 years the excess is increased to £150 Areas 1, 2 & 3, £500 Area 4.
See section headed Increased Excess for Pre Existing Medical Conditions for increased excesses applicable to claims arising from pre existing medial conditions.
(b) HOSPITAL BENEFIT up to £300
An additional benefit of £15 per day for each day you spend in hospital abroad as an in-patient. No Policy Excess.
PERSONAL LUGGAGE, MONEY & VALUABLES up to £2,000
Covers accidental loss, theft or damage to your personal luggage subject to a limit of £200 for any one article, pair or set and an overall limit of £200 for valuables such as cameras. Jewellery, furs, etc. Luggage and valuables limited to £1500. Delayed luggage, up to £75. Policy Excess £50.
Money, travel tickets and travellers cheques are covered up to £500 against accidental loss or theft (cash limit £250). Policy Excess £50.
No cover is provided for loss or theft of unattended property, valuables or money or for loss or theft not reported to the Police within 24 hours of discovery.
PASSPORT EXPENSES up to £200
If you lose your passport or it is stolen whilst abroad you are covered for additional travel and accommodation costs incurred in obtaining a replacement. No Policy Excess.
DELAYED DEPARTURE up to £1,500
If your outward or return trip is delayed for more than 12 hours at the final departure point to/from UK due to adverse weather conditions, mechanical breakdown or industrial action, you are entitled to either (a) £20 for the first 12 hours and £10 for each further 12 hours delay up to a maximum of £60, or (b) the cost of the trip (up to £1,500) if you elect to cancel after 12 hours delay on the outward trip from the UK. Policy Excess £50 (b) only.
MISSED DEPARTURE up to £500
Additional travel and accommodation expenses incurred to enable you to reach your overseas destination if you arrive too late at your final UK outward departure point due to failure of the vehicle in which you are travelling to deliver you to the departure point caused by adverse weather, strike, industrial action, mechanical breakdown or accident to the vehicle. No Policy Excess.
PERSONAL LIABILITY up to £2,000,000
Covers your legal liability for injury or damage to other people or their property, including legal expenses (subject to the laws of England and Wales). Policy Excess £250.
LEGAL EXPENSES up to £25,000
To enable you to pursue your rights against a third party following injury. No Policy Excess
WINTER SPORTS EQUIPMENT up to £500
Covers accidental loss or theft of or damage to snowboards, skis, bindings, boots or poles under 5 years old subject to a limit of £350 any one pair (see note below).
There is an overall limit of £200 in respect of hired equipment. Policy Excess £50
HIRE OF SKIS up to £250
Cover the reasonable cost of hiring a snowboard, skis, bindings, boots or poles as a result of the accidental loss or theft of or damage or temporary loss in transit for more than 12 hours of Your own equipment. No Policy Excess
SKI PACK up to £300
Covers the proportionate loss of irrecoverable ski pack costs paid or contracted to be paid prior to the Trip consequent on You becoming ill or sustaining personal injury during the Period of Trip and certified by a Medical Practitioner as being unable to ski and a written report obtained. No Policy Excess
MAIN EXCLUSIONS & CONDITIONS
The following represents only the main exclusions. The policy document sets out all of the conditions and exclusions. A copy of the full policy wording is available on request in writing prior to application.
MAIN HEALTH EXCLUSIONS:
Insurers will not pay for claims arising
(1) Where You (or any person upon whose health the Trip depends) have or have had symptoms which are awaiting or receiving investigation, tests, treatment, referral or the results of any of the foregoing, unless We have agreed in writing to cover You
(2) From any terminal illness suffered by You (or any person upon whose health the Trip depends).
(3) From any medical condition for which You (or any person upon whose health the Trip depends) have within 12 months prior to the date of issue of this insurance been diagnosed with a medical condition or have been admitted or undergone a procedure/intervention.
(4) Medical conditions existing prior to the payment of the insurance premium or any consequence thereof in respect of which a Medical Practitioner would advise against travel or that treatment may be required during the duration of the Trip.
OTHER GENERAL EXCLUSIONS
Claims arising from
(1) off-piste skiing (other than where following published itinerary routes or using a guide recognized and approved by the tour operator), ski racing in major events, ski jumping, ice hockey, the use of bobsleighs or skeletons, any hazardous pursuits, any work of a non sedentary nature.
(2) Self inflicted injury or illness, suicide, alcoholism or drug abuse, sexual disease.
(3) War, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities or warlike operations, civil war, rebellion, Terrorism, revolution, insurrection, civil commotion, military or usurped power but this exclusion shall not apply to losses under Section 3 - Medical Expenses unless such losses are caused by nuclear, chemical or biological attack, or the disturbances were already taking place at the beginning of any Trip.
(4) Failure or fear of failure or inability of any equipment or any computer program.
(5) Bankruptcy/liquidation of any tour operator, travel agent, airline, transportation company or accommodation supplier.
(6) Travelling to countries or regions where the FCO or WHO has advised against travel.
(7) Your failure to contact the Medical Screening Line where required.
The amount of each claim for which insurers will not pay and for which you are responsible. The excess as noted in the policy summary applies to each and every claim per insured person under each section where an excess applies.
INCREASED EXCESS FOR PRE EXISTING MEDICAL CONDITIONS
Acceptance of pre existing medical conditions is made by the application of increased excesses in the event of claims arising from the pre existing condition.
If You have ever had a circulatory, heart or blood pressure related problem, a stroke, cancer, asthma or any breathing problems, diabetes or any psychological problem, the following excess will apply (other than in respect of claims that are specifically excluded) –
Under the Cancellation or Curtailment section - double the normal excess.
Under the Medical & Other Expenses section -
For persons aged 60 years or less the excess is increased to £500 Areas 1&2, £750 Area 3, £1,000 Area 4.
For persons aged 61 to 75 years the excess is increased to £1,000 Areas 1&2, £1,500 Area 3, £2,000 Area 4.
Unless you are travelling to Area 4, there is no need to advise us of your pre existing medical conditions. If you have a history of any medical condition and are travelling within Area 4 you must first contact Towergate Medical Screening to establish whether we can provide cover for your trip. The number to call is -
0844 892 1698
If you are accepted, the level of excess stated above will apply. You will receive written confirmation that you are covered for the trip. In the event that you are not accepted for cover having been screened, we may be able to offer you cover under our Single Trip “PLUS” product. Please ask us for further details or go to our website.
Below you will find relevant documents for your use in PDF format (if you need to download Adobe's free reader you can do so here).
|Single Trip "SKI" Application Form|
|Document detailing a summary of the cover provided with premium rates, for postal applications.|
|Single Trip "SKI" Policy Document|
|This document is the full insurance policy document and sets out the full terms and conditions of the cover provided.
Only valid where issued with an email SCHEDULE after purchase online.