With a BUDGET price without compromising any of the cover provided, our Single Trip BUDGET travel insurance product is designed to cover
* any type of travel
* all persons up to the age of 65 years
* trip duration up to 185 days
* a wide range of sports and other activities
1. United Kingdom
England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, including all islands comprising the British Isles except the Channel Islands and the Republic of Ireland.
Continental Europe west of the Ural mountain range, all countries bordering the Mediterranean Sea (except, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya & Syria), the Channel Islands and the Republic of Ireland, Iceland, Madeira, The Canaries and The Azores. Persons residing in the Channel Islands need to pay Area 2 rates for UK trips.
3. Worldwide excluding North America
All countries outside of the above (except those within Area 4).
4. North America, Central America & The Caribbean
Bahamas, Belize, Bermuda, Canada, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Greenland, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, The Caribbean Islands, United States of America.
5. Australia & New Zealand
The Continent of Australia and Islands of New Zealand including Islands comprising Australasia
PRE EXISTING MEDICAL CONDITIONS
This insurance contains health conditions so you should inform us of any medical conditions that may affect the Underwriters acceptance of your cover. Please therefore telephone the Medical Screening Team to establish whether we can provide cover for your trip.
Medical Screening Team - 02392 419897
You must inform them if anyone to be covered by this policy or any person upon whose health the trip depends:
1 Has an existing or on-going medical condition
2 Is taking any prescribed medication
3 Has or has had any condition still requiring periodic review
4 Is awaiting any tests, treatment, investigation, referral or results of these.
Failure to notify them may cause your circumstances to fall within a policy exclusion. If your health changes after the date of issue of your policy you must contact the Medical Screening Team to make sure that your cover is not affected.
MAIN EXCLUSIONS & CONDITIONS
The following represents only the main exclusions. The policy document sets out all of the conditions and exclusions. A copy of the full policy wording is available on request in writing prior to application.
MAIN HEALTH EXCLUSIONS
Insurers will not pay for claims arising
(1) Where You (or any person upon whose health the Trip depends) have or have had symptoms which are awaiting or receiving investigation, tests, treatment, referral or the results of any of the foregoing, unless We have agreed in writing to cover You
(2) From any terminal illness suffered by You (or any person upon whose health the Trip depends).
(3) Medical conditions existing prior to the payment of the insurance premium or any consequence thereof in respect of which a Medical Practitioner would advise against travel or that treatment may be required during the duration of the Trip.
OTHER GENERAL EXCLUSIONS
Claims arising from
(1) Winter sports, any hazardous pursuits, any work of a non sedentary nature.
(2) Self inflicted injury or illness, suicide, alcoholism or drug abuse, sexual disease.
(3) War, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities or warlike operations, civil war, rebellion, Terrorism, revolution, insurrection, civil commotion, military or usurped power but this exclusion shall not apply to losses under Section 3 - Medical Expenses unless such losses are caused by nuclear, chemical or biological attack, or the disturbances were already taking place at the beginning of any Trip.
(4) Failure or fear of failure or inability of any equipment or any computer program.
(5) Bankruptcy/liquidation of any tour operator, travel agent, airline, transportation company or accommodation supplier.
(6) Travelling to countries or regions where the FCO or WHO has advised against travel.
(7) Your failure to contact the Medical Screening Line where required.
(8) Any epidemic or pandemic.
COVID 19 Coronavirus
Insurers have made the decision that as of midnight Monday 16th March 2020 new policy sales will not cover claims caused by the COVID-19 coronavirus peril.
SUMMARY OF COVER
The following represent the Significant and Key Features of the policy including Exclusions and Limitations that apply per person. A full copy of the policy document is available on request.
POLICY EXCESSES: The amount of each claim for which insurers will not pay and for which you are responsible. The excess as noted in the policy summary applies to each and every claim per insured person under each section where an excess applies.
CRUISE: Please note that we consider a Cruise to be a Trip by sea in a liner calling at a number of ports.
CANCELLATION OR CURTAILMENT up to £2,000
If you have to cancel or cut short your trip due to illness, injury, redundancy, jury service, the police requiring you to remain at or return to your home due to serious damage to your home, you are covered against loss of travel and accommodation costs. Policy Excess £75.
PERSONAL ACCIDENT up to £15,000
A cash sum for accidental injury resulting in death, loss of sight, loss of limb or permanent total disablement. No Policy Excess.
MEDICAL & OTHER EXPENSES up to £5,000,000
Including a 24 HOUR WORLDWIDE MEDICAL EMERGENCY SERVICE
The cost of hospital and other emergency medical expenses incurred abroad, including additional accommodation and repatriation expenses. Limit £250 for emergency dental treatment and £5,000 burial/cremation/transfer of remains. Limit £2,500 for transfer of remains to your home if you die in the UK. Limit £250 for taxi fares and telephone calls. Policy Excess £75
HOSPITAL BENEFIT up to £300
An additional benefit of £15 per day for each day you spend in hospital abroad as an in-patient or are confined to your cabin. No Policy Excess.
PERSONAL LUGGAGE, MONEY & VALUABLES up to £2,000
Covers accidental loss, theft or damage to your personal luggage subject to a limit of £200 for any one article, pair or set and an overall limit of £200 for valuables such as cameras. Jewellery, furs, etc. Delayed luggage, up to £75. Policy Excess £50.
Money, travel tickets and travellers cheques are covered up to £500 against accidental loss or theft (cash limit £250). Policy Excess £50.
No cover is provided for loss or theft of unattended property, valuables or money or for loss or theft not reported to the Police within 24 hours of discovery.
LOSS OF PASSPORT AND/OR VISA EXPENSES up to £200
If you lose your passport or visa or it is stolen whilst abroad you are covered for additional travel and accommodation costs incurred in obtaining a replacement. No Policy Excess.
DELAYED DEPARTURE up to £2,000
If your outward or return trip is delayed for more than 12 hours at the final departure point to or from UK due to adverse weather conditions, mechanical breakdown or industrial action, you are entitled to either (a) £60 for the first 12 hours and £60 for each further 12 hours delay up to a maximum of £300, or (b) the cost of the trip up to £5,000 if you elect to cancel after 12 hours delay on the outward trip from the UK. Policy Excess £75 (b) only.
MISSED DEPARTURE up to £500
Additional travel and accommodation expenses incurred to enable you to reach your overseas destination if you arrive too late at your final UK outward departure point due to failure of the vehicle in which you are travelling to deliver you to the departure point caused by adverse weather, strike, industrial action, mechanical breakdown or accident to the vehicle. No Policy Excess.
PERSONAL LIABILITY up to £2,000,000
Covers your legal liability for injury or damage to other people or their property, including legal expenses (subject to the laws of England and Wales). Policy Excess £250.
LEGAL EXPENSES up to £25,000
To enable you to pursue your rights against a third party following injury. No Policy Excess