Our UK MULTI TRIP insurance product is designed as a competitive package that covers
Please note that as the age limit is 90 years, if you are 90 when you effect the insurance, cover will no longer apply once reach your 91st birthday.
This insurance is suitable for multiple round trips within the UK which is defined as England, Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland, is of no more than 31 days duration each trip, for persons whose age is 90 years or less. All trips must involve at least 2 night’s pre-booked accommodation.
SUMMARY OF COVER
The following represent the Significant and Key Features of the policy including Exclusions and Limitations that apply per person. A full copy of the policy document is available on request.
POLICY EXCESSES: The amount of each claim for which insurers will not pay and for which you are responsible. The excess as noted in the policy summary applies to each and every claim per insured person under each section where an excess applies.
CANCELLATION up to £1,500
If you have to cancel your trip due to illness, injury, redundancy, jury service, the police requiring you to remain at your home due to serious damage to your home, you are covered against loss of travel and accommodation costs. Policy Excess £75
PERSONAL ACCIDENT up to £5,000
A cash sum for accidental injury resulting in death, loss of sight, loss of limb or permanent total disablement. No Policy Excess.
ADDITIONAL ACCOMMODATION, REPATRIATION AND TRAVEL EXPENSES UP TO £5,000 Including a 24 HOUR WORLDWIDE MEDICAL EMERGENCY SERVICE
The cost of emergency expenses incurred if during your trip you suffer unforeseen bodily injury, illness, disease and/or compulsory quarantine. Limit £3,000 for necessary additional accommodation and travelling/repatriation expenses. Limit £2,000 for transfer of remains to your home if you die in the UK. Limit £100 for taxi fares and telephone calls necessarily incurred. Policy Excess £75.
HOSPITAL BENEFIT up to £300
An additional benefit of £15 per day for each day you spend in hospital as an in-patient. No Policy Excess.
PERSONAL PROPERTY up to £1,000
Covers accidental loss, theft or damage to your personal property (including camping equipment, subject to a limit of £200 for any one article, pair or set and an overall limit of £200 for valuables such as cameras. Jewellery, furs, etc. No cover is provided for loss or theft of unattended property or valuables or for loss or theft not reported to the Police within 24 hours of discovery. Policy Excess £75.
TRAVEL DISRUPTION up to £500
Additional travel and accommodation expenses incurred to enable you to reach your destination due to adverse weather, mechanical breakdown or accident, affecting your method of transportation. No Policy Excess.
CAR BREAKDOWN & RECOVERY up to £3,000
Covers your costs in the event of your vehicle suffering a breakdown and being rendered immobile including Labour Charges up to a maximum of £250 and Recovery, Car Hire and Hotel Accommodation Costs. No Policy Excess.
EMERGENCY HOME ASSISTANCE up to £250
Covering the cost of call out following an emergency at home during the trip and for 24 hours after your return home. No Policy Excess.
WITHDRAWAL OF SERVICES up to £500
Up to £50 per 24 hours if your hotel withdraws services due to strike or industrial action. No Policy Excess.
KENNEL/CATTERY FEES up to £500
A benefit of £50 per full 24 hours if your return home is delayed due to your incapacitation. No Policy Excess.
PERSONAL LIABILITY up to £2,000,000
Covers your legal liability for injury or damage to other people or their property, including legal expenses (subject to the laws of England and Wales). Policy Excess £250.
Cancellation & Curtailment up to £1,500
following a diagnosis of COVID-19 arising within 14 days of the booked departure date and
Additional accommodation, repatriation and travel expenses up to £5,000
including a benefit payment of £30 for each complete 24 hour period up to £300 where ordered into self-isolation by Government authority, due to contracting COVID-19 as certified by a medical practitioner following a medically approved test showing a positive result for COVID-19.
For persons aged up to 75 years, there is no requirement for you to declare your medical conditions. However, to be covered for any medical conditions you have or have had, you must be able to comply with the following Special conditions:
1. No trip is booked or undertaken against medical advice or for the purpose of obtaining medical treatment.
2. If your health changes after the start date of your policy you must contact us to make sure that your cover is not affected.
3. If you have a medical condition, you must obtain at least verbal confirmation from your medical practitioner that there is no reason why you should not travel.
For persons aged 76 to 90 years, as this insurance contains health conditions, you should inform MediScreen of any medical conditions that may affect the Underwriters acceptance of your cover.
Please therefore telephone MediScreen on 0344 892 1698
You must inform them if anyone to be covered by this policy or any person upon whose health the trip depends:
1 Has an existing or on-going medical condition
2 Is taking any prescribed medication
3 Has or has had any condition still requiring periodic review
4 Is awaiting any tests, treatment, investigation, referral or results of these.
Failure to notify them may cause your circumstances to fall within a policy exclusion. If your health changes after the date of issue of your policy you must contact MediScreen to make sure that your cover is not affected.
MAIN EXCLUSIONS & CONDITIONS
The following represents only the main exclusions. The policy document sets out all of the conditions and exclusions. A copy of the full policy wording is available on request in writing prior to application.
OTHER GENERAL EXCLUSIONS
Claims arising from
(1) Winter sports, any hazardous pursuits, any work of a non sedentary nature (unless the appropriate additional premium has been paid).
(2) Self inflicted injury or illness, suicide, alcoholism or drug abuse, sexual disease.
(3) War, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities or warlike operations, civil war, rebellion, Terrorism, revolution, insurrection, civil commotion, military or usurped power but this exclusion shall not apply to losses under the Additional Accommodation, Repatriation And Travel Expenses section, unless such losses are caused by nuclear, chemical or biological attack, or the disturbances were already taking place at the beginning of any Trip.
(4) Failure or fear of failure or inability of any equipment or any computer program.
(5) Bankruptcy/liquidation of any tour operator, travel agent, airline, transportation company or accommodation supplier.
(6) Claims arising from or related to any coronavirus including but not limited to COVID-19, or any related/mutated form of the virus. This exclusion does not apply to claims under the ADDITIONAL ACCOMMODATION, REPATRIATION AND TRAVEL EXPENSES section with the exception of any claim for curtailment.